LIGHT: Lucky Bamboo does great in bright light. It’ll tolerate lower light levels just fine but it won’t grow much. Be sure to avoid putting it in direct, hot sun as it’ll burn baby leaf burn. You may need to rotate your plant so it gets light evenly on all sides.
WATER: There is a bit of mixed opinion regarding this. Some people never change water, some change it frequently & others every now & then. Changing water every 7-10days may be good and manageable practice. If the water smells bad, then change it!
If your tap water is hard (containing a lot of minerals), then you’ll need to use rain, distilled or purified water. Lucky bamboo may be prone to tipping so if yours is starting to show a lot of brown tips or a build of white in the vase or dish, don’t use tap water. Also avoid using water from water filter as it may contain too much chlorine.
– Do not place your Lucky Bamboo in direct sun.
– Do not let your Lucky Bamboo dry out – keep the roots covered with water at all times.
– Do not keep the water levels too high – just covering the roots is fine.
– Do not place your Lucky Bamboo near a heating or cooling vent. Also, keep it away from any cold drafts.
– Do not let dust collect on the leaves because the pores need to breath. Periodically clean the leaves with a brush, damp rag &/or spray off with water.